25 Reasons to Exercise….
Think you know them all…you might be surprised.
- Strengthens heart muscle.
- Decreases the incidence of heart attack.
- Reduces risks for heart disease, e.g., reduces bad LDL cholesterol and increases good HDL cholesterol.
- Improves circulation and oxygen/nutrient transport throughout the body.
- Helps lose weight and keep it off.
- Improves breathing efficiency.
- Strengthens & tones muscles and improves appearance.
- Helps prevent back problems and back pain.
- Improves posture.
- Strengthens bones and helps reduce risk of osteoporosis.
- Strengthens the tissues around the joints and reduces joint discomfort and arthritis if appropriate exercise is selected and properly performed.
- Decreases risk for several types of cancer.
- Improves immune function, which decreases risk for infectious diseases.
- Maintains physical and mental functions throughout the second half of life.
- Increases self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Boosts energy and increases productivity.
- Improves sleep.
- Helps create a positive attitude about life.
- Reduces anxiety and depression.
- Increases resistance to fatigue.
- May lengthen lifespan.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Decreases the incidence of Type 2 diabetes.
- Reduces stress.
- Improves cognitive function.