Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Pasta
Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
• 1 jar roasted red peppers, drained, rinsed, & patted dry
• 2 handfuls fresh basil (~1-2 packed cup)
• 1-2 handfuls baby spinach
• 1/3 cup walnuts (or nuts of choice)
• 1/3 cup nutritional yeast (or grated parmesan or pecorino if not vegan)
• juice of 1 lemon
• 2-4 T extra virgin olive oil
• 1-2 cloves garlic
• 1/4-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (omit if don’t like heat)
• salt & pepper to taste
Add the walnuts to a food processor and pulse a few times to roughly chop. Add all the remaining ingredients except the olive oil to the food processor. Run the processor while streaming in the olive oil. Continue to run for several minutes until everything is combined (scrape down the sides as you go). Season as desired.
Serve with chicken, pasta or fish!