Make Your Own Frozen Pizza
Instead of store-bought frozen pizzas, try making your own and freezing them. Grab your favorite whole wheat, gluten free, cauliflower or veggie crust; partially cook the crust, add your favorite toppings (think protein and lots of colorful veggies!), wrap it tight and freeze for later.
Some topping ideas:
- Canned fire-roasted crushed tomatoes and tomato paste or pizza sauce (low sodium)
- Frozen broccoli
- Canned eggplant, canned red peppers
- Prebiotics: Canned Jerusalem artichokes, asparagus, garlic
- Chicken sausage or turkey sausage
- Red pepper flakes
- Mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- Vegan Cheese: Cashews, nutritional yeast, salt and garlic. Check out this recipe!
- Basil- Fresh from your window plant or dried basil
Want a grab-and-go option? Here are some brands we recommend: Amy’s Rice Crust Spinach, Trader Joes Cauliflower Pizza, CauliPower Pizza, Cali’flour Foods.